One of my resolutions for this year was to run my first 5k race.
I had started Couch to 5k right before I pregnant with Maria and
never got around to doing a race (since my training abruptly stopped
due to the first trimester narcolepsy).
However, since the weather has gotten warmer and the sun is rising sooner,
Couch to 5k and I had reunited.
I saw that my neighbor, Connie & her husband, James, were participating
in the Race for Hope in DC in May. I asked if I could join their team for the race.
They had been involved on Team Fancy Nancy, for Nancy Arthur, someone who went to our high school who is a brain cancer survivor. I signed up and joined her team. Thank you!
This was great motivation for me to keep up my training efforts.
Friday, I did a test run, just to see if I could make it through an entire 3.2 miles of straight running, no walking. The way the Couch to 5k is set up, I usually do a 5 minute warm-up walk and 5 minute cool down walk and include that in my total distance. So, I went down to the boardwalk on a beautiful morning to soak in the scenery and test out my running legs/lungs.
Post-training run at sunrise on the Boardwalk
Hooray- I didn't collapse!


No comments:
Post a Comment