Lucas and his mommy have birthdays only 6 days apart.
Since Lucas is turning one and his mommy is turning 30, we decided to have a joint birthday bash to celebrate. We had it at our local church in one of the Sunday school classrooms, in order to accommodate all the people that would not fit in our little townhouse.
Lucas stayed with Grammy & Uncle Billy while the rest of us set up for the party.
Lucas on his way to the party.
He's really excited!

Grandpa shows Lucas his decorations

"Look at me, I'm ready to party!"

Here is the poster I made up to document Lucas' first year.

A sample of pictures from my 30 years.

We went with a sports theme for Lucas' first birthday.
Here are the cupcakes I decorated. If only the icing didn't stain so badly.

More birthday cakes.
I made the soccer ball cake for Lucas to smash & eat.

Lucas & Daddy

On his new trike from Aunt Katie

"Like my new ride?"

Mindi, Xander (3 1/2 months), Mommy & Lucas

Cara & Teagan

Kyndall & Sherrie

Denali & Zach help Lucas open presents

Lucas saw Kyndall drinking from her cup & decided he was thirsty.
With his juice cup in hand, he climbed onto Sherrie's lap to join Kyndall.
Too cute!

"Look Mom, Grandmom & Dobby gave me a drum!"
I loved watching him examine his cake.

Singing Happy Birthday to Lucas

Hmmm....this is a little sticky.

Ohhhh....this stuff is pretty tasty.

Making a mess

A BIG MESS!

Okay! I'm done! Get this stuff off my face!

What was left of the soccer ball cake.

Crashing on Uncle Marty's shoulder after the party.
We are so blessed to have the opportunity to share this day with so many friends and family.
Glad to celebrate two big milestones.
Somehow I don't think we'll be doing the same for our 21st and 50th birthdays.
1 comment:
Sorry I missed your birthday. Glad you shared the day with Lucas. I am so excited about the first birthday party. :)
Post a Comment