After a week of Lucas not feeling well and cough that just wouldn't go away, we decided it was time for him to go see the pediatrician. He had also been running a low grade fever the past couple of days and I was pretty sure that he had fluid behind both eardrums. So when I called at 1:00pm to see if we could get in for a sick visit today and the nurse said, "Can you be here by 1:30?". Of course I answered "Yes", but immediately wondered how I was going to get 2 children out the door and to a doctor's office that was 20 minutes away in a half an hour. However, Lucas was surprisingly cooperative and made good time getting into the car. I picked up my mom for extra help on the way. From the mess of construction traffic we got caught in the way to Maria's appointment this week, we knew that we needed to go the back way to avoid it. We managed to make it there almost on time (a few minutes late- I consider that a victory). Mom watched Maria while I waited to see the dr. with Lucas. The first thing the doctor asked Lucas when he saw us was, "You want some extra attention over your new baby?". It would have been nice if that was it. Turns out, Lucas has the beginning signs of pneumonia and fluid behind both eardrums. Good thing we went in. Dr. Singh put him on an antibiotic and hopefully that will help clear things up. Other than the cough (and the trouble sleeping) you would never know it by how energentic he is playing around.
No comments:
Post a Comment