Pageviews last month

Friday, February 26, 2010

Bed update

So far, Lucas has been doing fairly well with his big boy bed.  He still gets up three or four nights during the week in the middle of the night and comes in our room.  For a while, it was happening EVERY night.  Then I realized it had started happening after I put up the night light in the hallway.  The purpose of the nightlight was to help him feel safer and less scared about it being so dark.  It looks like it was actually having the opposite effect.  It must have been casting strange shadows in his room or he was getting curious to see what the light was all about.  Once we removed the nightlight, he stopped waking up every night.  He was getting up less often.  Hooray for that!  Silly night light!  I'm glad we figured out what it was or this may have gone on for a while.

No comments: