Pageviews last month

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blizzard of 2010 - Take 2

Just to add injury to insult, Mother Nature has again decided to dump more snow on us.
This time, blizzard conditions meant that, at points during the day, we couldn't even see the townhouses across the street. Often, it was difficult to even tell that it was snowing because so much snow was blowing around in all directions. Fortunately, we did not lose power.
There are no pictures. Because, let's face it, we're tired of snow at this point!
I do have to say that I'm very glad my due date is not just around the corner with all this snow we've been getting. I'd probably stress myself out to the point I'd put myself in labor due to the anxiety of it all. Good thing we don't have to worry about that.
I'm starting to feel guilty about not being able to go out and shovel.
Ryand has been doing such hard work &
I really appreciate how much he's been doing in order to dig us out!
The other blessing is that my work actually decided to close our clinics today & yesterday,
meaning I didn't have to take vacation days to stay home. This has never happened in the 4 years that I've worked at Children's, and a lot of other people who have been there longer, say this is pretty rare.
So far this week, I've only been to work on Tuesday.
It was actually nice to get out of the house & have a change of scenery.
I stayed home on Monday to take care of my still sick boy.
He finally was acting more like himself yesterday & the first day without a fever.
Today his eating is back to normal too.
I think he'll be ready to go back to school tomorrow, if they are open.
WE ARE SO READY FOR SPRING TO BE HERE!!

No comments: