As mentioned previously, Maria made her fast & furious entrance into the world at 10:53am on St. Patrick's Day. Suprisingly enough, the doctor revealed that she had her cord wrapped around her neck TWICE as well as a knot in her cord. Must have been all that moving around she was doing! Ryan quickly cut her cord, they suctioned her mouth, waited for that amazing cry and handed her to me. We snuggled for a bit and then the nurse took her over to get her vitals.Only a few minutes old
Proud mama
Proud Daddy
All swaddled up
"I'm not so sure about this outside world!"
Miss Maria
Look! I have BROWN hair! And lots of it.
Did I mention that I'm an Irish baby?!
Mom, Dad & Baby Girl
Lots of kisses for our precious girl
Girls rule!Her first St. Patrick's Day as a Fitzpatrick!
Grandmom
Dobby
She was prepared with her "Irish Grandma" button
From the looks of things, she didn't seem too thrilled.
Lucas loving on his little sister
We were down in labor & delivery for a while.
I got a hospital lunch, which was anything but spectacular. But at that point I was pretty hungry, so I wasn't going to be picky.
Finally, they moved us up to the room where we would be staying.
After we got settled in there, Ryan and one of the nurses took Maria for her first bath.
Katie went and got us Subway.
This is the same thing I ate after I had Lucas.
It tasted so good!
Grandmom & Dobby went home to pick up Lucas from day care and bring him back to the hospital to meet his baby sister.
Grandmom & Dobby went home to pick up Lucas from day care and bring him back to the hospital to meet his baby sister.
Ryan holding Lucas & Maria
Now he's got his hands full, literally!
His eyes went straight to cake that was on the tray
So we decided we would all sing "Happy Birthday" to Maria
and Lucas could eat the cake
He was very excited about that!



No comments:
Post a Comment