Pageviews last month

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two Weeks Old

It's been an interesting couple of nights without a whole lot of sleep.
Maria has been fussy. Lucas has a cold with a cough that keeps him awake.
The pattern recently has been for Maria to wake up and Lucas to be awake from coughing, but he can't get back to sleep because Maria is crying. One night he just sat staring at me as he lay in bed with a look that said, "Can't you please make her stop.". I wish I had that magic power. I also wish I had a magic sleeping power!
I like to call it "Children vs. Parents" and most of the time it feels like the children are winning.
A lot of what has been making Maria fussy may have to do with what I've been eating or drinking. So I'm trying to keep a more bland diet in order to prevent her getting upset.
Last night was better. I don't think I'll be eating my mom's spaghetti & meatballs with garlic bread any time soon. And as much as I'd love a coffee or coke, I'm trying to avoid caffiene.
I'll just have to stick to decaf for now.
Check out those cheeks
Loves sleeping in the boppy, just like her brother did

Today, my mom went with me to Maria's 2 week dr. appt.
We were SUPER late because we got stuck in construction on the way there and
sat waiting for them to let one lane of traffic pass for almost 15 minutes!
Fortunately, the doctor was still willing to see us.
Our little girl is growing and growing!
She weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 21 inches long.

No comments: