On Labor Day, we decided to meet up with Grandpa and go to the Maryland State Fair.
For as many years as I was up at Towson and the fair was right down the road, I had never been. We were excited to show Lucas all the animals and maybe get a chance to try out a ride.

Grandpa & Lucas at the Fair

Grandpa showing Lucas the cows
"Mmmmmmmmm" says Lucas.

Posing as a cow for his picture

Not so sure about being so close to this big cow with Mommy

Much more interested in the cute little calf

He would've stayed on the tractors ALL afternoon

This is fun!

Vroom!

Grandpa & Lucas

Yet another tractor & more smiles!

Taking a break from the tractors to see the pigs
Check out the grip Lucas has on Grandpa's shirt
Don't worry buddy, he won't let you fall in

Onto the sheeps
This was definitely Lucas' favorite livestock of the day
He loved petting them through the fences

Nice sheep

"Look Ma, more sheep!"

This one doesn't have any wool left... Poor naked sheep.

His next favorite animal was the ducklings.
"Quack, quack" he exclaimed as he got to pet the duckling.
After getting a snack, it was onto the rides.
Lucas and I rode the Merry-Go-Round twice!

"Look at me!"

We found a free ride
This was an exhibit swing set with a great slide
He probably would have stayed here all afternoon if we let him too!

"Look at me, Grandpa!"

Check out that red hair!

Enjoying his lemonade with a smile at the Maryland State Fair
I think Lucas really enjoyed getting to see all the live animals and it was great seeing the fair through his eyes. Otherwise, I don't think it would have been quite as interesting. Glad that Grandpa could join us for a adventurous afternoon.
Back at Grandpa's house after the fair,
Lucas discovered Grandpa's vacuum

"I know how to work this thing!"

"This button turns it on & off, that's how we clean the floor."

Lucas also found Grandpa's remote
Uh-oh, looks like we might be watching Elmo instead of football
After a busy day and the prospect of falling asleep on the way home from Grandpa's,
we decided to have bathtime in Grandpa's big tub before we left.

Splish Splash I was takin' a bath!

Lucas showing how he can wash his own belly

Belly washin' fool

Having fun in the big tub.
"I love bathtime anyway, but this is even better!"

Getting all clean
Lucas got his PJs on and fell sound asleep on the way home.
It was a busy day, but we loved getting a chance to spend time with Grandpa & go to the fair!
No comments:
Post a Comment