Well, we had the perfect storm this evening.
Lots of snow coming down all at rush hour.
Everyone trying to get out of DC at the same time.
TOTAL TRAFFIC DISASTER.
Fortunately, daycare closed early.
My mom picked the kids up and I left work early to meet them at home.
It was only sleeting when I got home.
Ryan, however, was not so lucky.
He left work at a little after 5.
By 8:30 he had made it to the National Harbour,
about 10 miles from his original starting point, still about 25 miles from our house.
He bailed there to check on the possibility of getting a hotel (really expensive).
He decided to get dinner, watch the hockey game and just wait it out to see whether the roads would clear after a while. Fortunately, in the process of getting dinner, he ran into someone who went to our high school, who was also stranded because of the snow/traffic disaster.
He had gotten a room. Ryan decided to split the room cost with him and stay there.
So I'm on my own tonight. I'm just glad that he's safe.
There are several other people's husbands who haven't made it home yet.
Hope everyone is safe. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
I just hope we keep power. Fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment