Pageviews last month

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Breezy Beach Day #3- Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!!Maria's 1st 4th of July
Dressed in another patriotic outfit-including a hair bow!

Aren't I just a bundle of star spangled cuteness!?!

Grammy & Maria
Wiped out! Waiting to go to the beach....or take a nap, one of the two...
We had the same plan today as yesterday, since it worked so well.
When Lucas was ready for his nap,
we set him in the stroller & rolled him down to the beach to sleep.

The moderate temperatures were gone and replaced by blazing heat.
We did our best to stay under the umbrellas or in the water (which had gotten a little bit warmer) to beat the heat.
Our plan works again!

Maria & her sleepy big brother

Daddy & Maria


Family Dinner time on the porch

Lucas wanted to say "corn" instead of "cheese" for the picture

Lucas loved going up & down the walk
Especially when he was pushing or riding his car

Billy was holding Maria & decided to entertain her by moving his Bud Light beer can back & forth. He thought it was hysterical, breaking out into a full belly laugh.
One of those laughs that makes you smile & laugh along with her.
See the video in the other post for the full effect.
Silly girl!

Little Miss Giggles!

The littlest things are entertaining to a 3 month old!

This went on for a while.
We went inside and watched the DC & NYC fireworks on TV, since we had aleady been to the fireworks on Friday.

Lucas & his new buddy, Nemo

My best attempt at getting a 4th of July photo of the kids

Maria says- "Really?!"

Nobody wants their picture taken right now!

Aunt Katie & Lucas
"And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA."
From "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood

No comments: